Skip to main content

CrossFit Works!

I am a 33 year old, single mother of three children under the age of six.  My lifestyle is hectic to say the least.  

In 2009, I was given the life changing news that I had Multiple Sclerosis.  I was a relatively active person, or so at least I thought.  

Walking and jogging on a treadmill and doing some abdominal exercises were my routine workout.  I tried the local gyms, but I got bored and didn’t see any difference in my energy level or appearance.  

One day, in August 2013, I walked into CrossFit Pottstown, and that’s when my world really changed.  Prior to this, I was having vision issues, memory loss, cognitive impairment, and numbness and pins and needles on my entire left side.  

After one month of CrossFit, my vision improved, I could read again, and was having no issues with my memory.  

It has been almost eight months since I walked through those doors, and I haven’t had any issues with my left side in months.  I never thought that I could throw 85 pounds over my head, do a pull-up, or be on a dragon boat team, but CrossFit Pottstown gave me my life back.  

I am no longer a victim of MS, I am a CrossFit Dragon Warrior!

You have given me my life back and made me a better Mom.  I have no idea what this disease will do to me, but because of you, I know that I am strong enough to fight like hell through it!
- Amanda M.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IACFP Sam 01

IACFP Gina