Skip to main content

CrossFit Can Truly Change Lives

My name is Dylan S. I'm a recovering drug addict. Growing up, sports played a big role in my life and was something I enjoyed very much. I was always involved in sports and got very involved in motocross in my teenage years.

I was very passionate about it and traveled the east coast racing. It was the one thing that gave me a purpose and felt people were proud of me for doing.  

As I got into high school, I gave up all the sports and racing and went down the wrong path. I was looking for and finding that rush that physical exercise gave me, in all the wrong areas. It took me to the point where I was homeless and tried to take my life.

That's the point it took me to get sober, and find my faith. One point I was still lacking, even though I was mentally getting better, was the physical side.

The years took a toll on me and I was looking to change that. I still was low on funds and that was one thing that was holding me back from attempting to get back involved in CrossFit.

I approached Rob and explained my situation to him. He was willing to give me a shot and help me out with the fee, as long as I helped out and paid it forward to the club.

From that point forward, life has taken on a new meaning and it has helped me out in more ways then I can explain in this short message. It has been what I've been looking for since I was young.

From everyone encouraging each other to the trainers that will take the extra time to help you in any way. It's like a big family.  I believe CrossFit can truly change lives. It challenges me mentally, physically, and is pushing me to grow into the man I've always strived to be.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IACFP Sam 01

IACFP Gina